Sunday, July 26, 2009

Off to see the Wizard...


And we all know where he lives, don't we? Yep, Oz...and following today's race, that's damn well where I'm racing on 13th September.

Yes, I am extremely happy to report that I placed 1st today out of the athletes who were racing to qualify, so secured my slot for the World Sprint Championships automatically without having to rely on the roll-down.

Let me repeat that, because I can hardly believe it myself, and to be honest I so enjoyed typing it the first time that I am going to type it again...

...I will be racing for GB in the World Sprint Triathlon Championships at the Gold Coast on 13th September 2009.

After months and months and months and months of preparation, endless hours visualising myself on the start line alongside the best Age Groupers in the World, swimming, biking and running through everything the British seasons had to throw at me, I have done it.

I shan't bore you with the details (you can read my race report here), but suffice to say I am a very happy chappie. The race went perfectly according to plan with the only athlete in my Age Group ahead of me being Sharkie Jaggard who had already qualified at the first race at Grendon.

I am going to take a week off. Less training - more beers. Then back to training in preparation to race against the best Age Groupers in the World in 6 weeks time.

Here's a few photos (all taken by the ever-present Anne-Marie)...

Coming out of the swim



Coming in on the bike (punctureless at this point in time)



Sprinting across the finish line



Knackered!



Just been told I qualified!



Me and A-M pre-celebration



Me post-celebration



There's a short video of me speaking very shortly after the race which I'll upload as soon as I've figured out how to.

Meantime, I'm off back down to the pub for some more beers.

Cheers.

C

4 comments:

Jevon said...

Well done, mate. Nobody deserves the success more than you. To paraphrase Bill Murray in 'Ghostbusters'... you came, you saw, you kicked its ass !!!
:)
J.

Unknown said...

We're this video then? ;-)

Colin Bradley said...

Cheers, Jev. It's been emotional.

Mitten, the video is a comin'. Patience, my friend, patience...

Danny Danials said...

You will like it to enjoy our new app Eroflix Mod Apk : which you could download and enjoy loose.