Monday, August 10, 2009

Slow news day...

Mondays are usually a sluggish day for the newspapers. This week's blog is a bit like that really.

Been training lots, working lots, organising the trip to Oz, bit more training, lots more work, plenty more organising. All means there's not much time to blog, or even think about what I'm going to blog about.

Another PB this week though. This time it was the turn of the 5km run at Bushey Park with 20:33. Very pleased with that, especially since I am still feeling a slight niggle in my groin and wasn't at full speed. Who knows, I might even break that 20 minute milestone someday soon.

But then this was followed by a slow 10 mile bike time trial with Stuart from the tri club in 24:48. Funny, only a few months ago I was dreaming of sub-26 minutes, but now if I don't achieve sub-24 then I feel I have failed. Conditions were not perfect though, and it did follow a hard hill session up Ivinghoe Beacon the day before, so I don't feel too bad about the slow time.

Big congratulations to my mate Alex whose wife, Angie, gave birth to their first child - Ethan Alexander Lotter-Maggs. Congratulations to the Maggs, and looking forward to wetting the baby's head sometime soon.

Mixed feelings about next week/weekend.

Happy that it is the ITU Elite Race at Hyde Park on Saturday where I will be spectating with Anne-Marie, Dan and Stuart from my tri club, followed the next day with me and Stuart racing the sprint race on the same course as the Elites (which also doubles as a European Qualifier in which I have tentatively registered my interest).

But sad that the kids are going away camping for a week, and I just know that I am going to badly miss them and the sound of Joe and Adam arguing! Hey ho, gives me time to fit in some more hard training in preparation for Oz. And maybe think of something more interesting to write about for next week's blog!

Until then, enjoy the sunshine.

C

No comments: