Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Work in Progress

I have just returned from what must be one of the most enjoyable runs ever so I just had to start my blog early this week.

Following this, I had the idea, for this week only, to log my thoughts on a daily basis, rather like a Work in Progress, so here goes.....

Monday: club swim - a very hard 55 minute interval session. I turned up late and had to skip the warm-up, so it ended up being an all-out eye-balling session. As usual, I was hanging off the feet of the guy in front of me for most of the session.

Tuesday: run - 40 minute steady run, to include 4000 metres at 4 km/min pace. This is sub-40 minute 10K pace and well above my comfort zone. Still some way to go for sub-40 10K.

Wednesday: run/spin/run - 25 minute easy treadmill run at gradient level 1, followed by an all-out eye-balling spin session (wow...those spin sessions are great fun!), followed by another 25 minute easy treadmill run at gradient level 1.

Thursday: today, lost myself in THAT run back from the garage. Totally unstructered, which makes a very pleasant change from all the serious runs I keep find myself doing. Finding places 5 minutes from where I live which I never knew about is a very enlightening experience.



Friday: today, a thoroughly enjoyable 25 mile road bike with Jev. To the tea rooms in Stewkley than back again. The back again bit was a bit slower because of the king size lasagne I gobbled down, preceded by a queen size soup and prince size coffee. Single gear.



Saturday: no training today. Two reasons - have come down with a cold and also was out on the beer the previous night. A heavy session which has wiped me out for the day completely.

Sunday: no training today again. Still got the cold.

Another Work in Progress is a website I recently discovered from tritalk -http://www.turbotraining.co.uk/. Very much in its its early stages but I think it has a lot of potential for those lonely nights on the turbo trainer. So, there you go, this week's *WEBSITE OF THE WEEK*!!! Might make this a regular feature, so watch this space.

Finally, an amusing story following last weeks TCR show which I picked up from 220 online (reference the picture up top). I am amazed that such shananigans go on in this sport. A similar thing happened to my mate Simon a few years ago at The Big Half where he had the dubious pleasure of having his custom fit Snugg wetsuit nicked from transition. Simon will be the first to admit that he doesn't share the same physique as the stereotypical triathlete so it would have been interesting seeing the thief trying to offload the wetsuit down his local pub....

More next week. Have a good one.

C

2 comments:

Jevon said...

I think I prefer the considered, essay-style blog :)
Good work on the ale though... two days wiped out is a marvelous achievement !!!
J.

Colin Bradley said...

Rest assured, normal service will be resumed next week, Jev.....so long as you promise to keep me off the beer!!!